Practical Training Programs
Sometimes a simple, 30-minute speaking assessment is exactly what institutions needed. iTEP Conversation is designed to give test-takers an opportunity to speak freely about things that they already know. Questions are friendly, fall within the A1-B2 CEFR range of difficulty, and cover topics one might expect to encounter in casual conversation. All questions are free-response (as opposed to multiple-choice or fill-in-the-blanks) to allow test-takers to speak as much as they are able to.
2. Short Passage Reading — 1 minute/ one part Test-taker is asked to read an intermediate-level passage of approximately 85 words.
3. Short Answer — 1 minute/ one part Test-taker is asked to answer three questions about an informal, everyday topic.
4. Photos A & B — 1 minute/ two photos Test-taker is shown photos and is asked to answer three brief questions about them.
5. Documents — 1 minute/ two documents Test-taker is asked to answer three questions based on a document presented on the screen.
6. Topic Discussion — 2 minutes/ one part Test-taker is asked about a topic and given one minute to prepare a minute-long response offering their personal opinion.
7. Agree or Disagree? — 2 minutes/ one part Two different sides of an issue are presented; the test-taker is asked to give a one-minute response on the issue presented.